Knowing when and how to contact a personal injury lawyer is essential if you are ever in an automobile accident. Many people do not realize that they may be entitled to compensation for their injuries, and as a result, they miss out on the chance to get the money they deserve. This article will discuss some signs indicating you need to contact a personal injury lawyer after an automobile accident in Philadelphia.
What Is A Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who provides legal services to those who claim to have been injured, physically or psychologically, due to the negligence of another person, company, government agency, or entity.
Suppose you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else's negligence. In that case, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. A personal injury lawyer can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Different Types Of Injuries Where A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
A personal injury attorney can help you with various injuries in Philadelphia. These are the most common.
Car Accident Injuries
These usually involve whiplash, broken bones, or back and neck injuries.
Slip And Fall Injuries
If you slip and fall on someone's property, you may be able to sue them for your injuries.
Dog Bite Injuries
If someone else's dog bites you, you may be able to sue the owner for your injuries.
Medical Malpractice Injuries
If you were injured because of a doctor's or nurse's negligence, you might be able to sue the medical facility for your injuries.
If you were injured at work, you might be able to sue your employer for your injuries.
If your child was injured during birth, you might be able to sue the responsible party for your child's injuries.
Product Liability Injuries
If a defective product injures you, you might be able to sue the manufacturer for your injuries.
Nursing Home Abuse And Neglect Injuries
If you or a loved one was abused or neglected in a nursing home, you might be able to sue the nursing home for your loved one's injuries.
Sexual Assault And Rape Injuries
If you were sexually assaulted or raped, you might be able to sue the perpetrator for your injuries.
If a loved one was killed due to someone else's negligence, you might be able to sue the responsible party for wrongful death.
If you have been injured due to someone else's negligence, it is essential to contact a personal injury attorney like the ones at Fighting For People Injury Law of Pollack Law, LLC. They can help you get the compensation you deserve in Philadelphia personal injury cases.
When Should You Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer In Philadelphia
When someone is injured in an automobile accident, several factors must be considered to determine whether or not it would be beneficial to contact a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia.
- The first factor is the severity of the injuries. If the damages are minor and do not require hospitalization or long-term treatment, then it is likely that the case can be handled without the need for a lawyer. However, it would be wise to seek legal counsel if the injuries are more severe, such as broken bones or head trauma.
- Another critical factor is who was at fault for the accident. If the other driver was clearly at fault, and there is evidence to support this claim, then again, it would be in the injured party's best interest to contact a personal injury lawyer.
- The third factor is whether or not insurance will cover the cost of medical treatment and lost wages. In most cases, insurance will cover these costs, but there are some instances in which it will not. If insurance will not cover the costs associated with the accident, then it is likely that a personal injury lawyer will need to be contacted to secure compensation.
- Finally, the fourth factor to consider is whether or not the statute of limitations has expired. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. The injured party will likely be barred from recovery if a lawsuit is not filed within two years of the accident. As a result, if it has been more than two years since the accident occurred, it is unlikely that a lawyer will be able to help.
Which Common Injuries Are Eligible For Compensation In An Automobile Accident Case
Many different types of injuries can occur in automobile accidents in Philadelphia. Some of the most common injuries that are eligible for compensation include, but are not limited to, the following.
1. Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when the head is violently jerked forward and back. It can cause severe pain and stiffness and may require ongoing treatment.
2. Back injuries can range from mild to severe and may include herniated discs, sprains, and fractures. Back injuries often result in significant pain and disability and may require surgery or other medical treatment.
3. Head injuries can range from concussions to skull fractures and can lead to long-term problems such as brain damage or paralysis. Head injuries often require expensive medical treatment and may result in permanent disability.
4. Spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis and often require lifelong care. They are typically costly to treat and may cause physical and emotional suffering for the injured person and their family.
5. Broken bones can take weeks or months to heal and may require surgery or other medical treatment. They can also lead to significant pain, suffering, and lost wages if the injured person cannot work during recovery.
6. Internal injuries can be severe and require surgery or other medical treatment. They may also lead to long-term problems such as organ damage or chronic pain.
Why Should You Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer For An Automobile Accident
Automobile accidents are a leading cause of personal injury in Philadelphia. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, you may wonder whether you should contact a personal injury lawyer. Here are the reasons why you should.
1. Personal injury lawyers have the experience and knowledge to deal with insurance companies. If you try to handle your claim, the insurance company will likely take advantage of you and lowball your settlement. A personal injury lawyer will fight for the total and fair compensation you deserve.
2. Personal injury lawyers will handle all the paperwork and negotiations for you so that you can focus on your recovery.
3. A personal injury lawyer will give you a realistic assessment of your case and let you know what to expect regarding the time frame and potential compensation.
4. If your case goes to trial, a personal injury lawyer will be by your side every step, ensuring you have the best possible chance of winning a favorable outcome.
5. You generally don't have to pay anything upfront to hire a personal injury lawyer, most work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if and when they win your case.
If you've been involved in an automobile accident, don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your case. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more.
How To Find The Best Personal Injury Attorney In Philadelphia
If you've been injured in an accident, you may wonder how to find the best personal injury attorney in Philadelphia. Here are some tips to help you get started.
1. Start by asking your family and friends if they know of any reasonable attorneys. Chances are, someone you know has had to deal with a personal injury at some point and can recommend a good lawyer.
2. Once you have a few names, research online to read reviews and check out the attorneys' websites. This will give you a good idea of their experience and whether or not they are a good fit for your case.
3. Schedule a consultation with each of the attorneys on your list. This is a chance for you to meet with them in person, ask questions, and get a feel for their personality.
4. After meeting with all the attorneys, compare your notes and choose the one you feel most comfortable with.
5. Be sure to ask about fees before hiring an attorney. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if and when they win your case.
Contact A Personal Injury Attorney In Philadelphia
If you have been injured in an accident, it is essential to understand your legal rights and options. A personal injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Specific common injuries may be eligible for compensation if you have been involved in an automobile accident. You should contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your case and determine if you are entitled to compensation. The best way to find a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia is to ask for recommendations or research online. Fighting For People Injury Law of Pollack Law, LLC is a personal injury law firm with experience handling all types of personal injury cases in Philadelphia.
They have a team of experienced attorneys dedicated to getting their clients the compensation they deserve. Contact them today for a consultation or an appointment.